Don't Give in to Fear
Two seeds lay side by side in the fertile soil.
The first seed said, "I want to grow! I want to send my roots deep into the soil beneath me, and thrust my sprouts through the earth's crust above me ... I want to unfurl my tender buds like banners to announce the arrival of spring ... I want to feel the warmth of the sun on my face and the blessing of the morning dew on my petals!"
And so she grew...
The second seed said, "Hmmmm. If I send my roots into the ground below, I don't know what I will encounter in the dark. If I push my way through the hard soil above me I may damage my delicate sprouts ... what if I let my buds open and a snail tries to eat them? And if I were to open my blossoms, a small child may pull me from the ground. No, it is much better for me to wait until it is safe."
And so she waited...
A yard hen scratching around in the early spring ground for food found the waiting seed and promptly ate it.
Moral of the story is:
- You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith. ~ Mary Manin Morrissey
- Fear is a darkroom where negatives develop. ~ Usman B. Asif
- The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear - fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable. What he wants above everything else is safety. ~ Henry Louis Mencken
- There is much in the world to make us afraid. There is much more in our faith to make us unafraid. ~ Frederick W. Cropp
- If you have a positive attitude and constantly strive to give your best effort, eventually you will overcome your immediate problems and find you are ready for greater challenges. ~ Pat Riley
- A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events and outcomes. It is a catalyst and it sparks extraordinary results. ~ Wade Boggs
- A positive attitude can really make dreams come true - it did for me. ~ David Bailey
So the next time you want to do something and suddenly you are attached by fear, remember the story of the two seeds and decide which seed you want to be.