Life is a mirror
..... or like we were taught when computers became part of our lives, “Garbage In, Garbage Out".
Your life is a reflection of the commands you give to your “computer”. If you key in the right commands, then the output will be excellent; the reverse is also true. Eg if you key in laziness, you’ll reap the fruits of laziness, etc.
Life is also a magnet; it has a way of attracting the things you are thinking or speaking about. If you keep confessing negative then don’t be surprised if you have nothing positive to write home about. If you keep confessing positive, then sooner or later positive stuff starts happening for and to you.
No wonder someone said, “Life is like a mirror; smile at it, it smiles back. Frown at it, it frowns right back”.
You can do everything else right but if you have a wrong attitude (if you keep frowning at life), then it is very unlikely that you will ever enjoy your life.
Here’s my challenge to you for the next 24 hours:
1. Smile at everyone you meet, whether you know them or not;
2. Say good (morning, afternoon, evening) depending on what time it is, to as many people as you can regardless of whether you know them or not;
3. Do something kind (it doesn’t have to cost you any money) to someone without expecting anything in return;
4. Use the words, "please, excuse me, may I, I’m sorry, thank you, you are welcome…” where appropriate, and don’t miss an opportunity to use them;
5. Go and apologize to someone you have hurt and be intentional about it, especially if apologizing is a foreign language to you; ===========================================================================================================================================
The above exercise will help you realize one thing; whatever you do comes back to you in one way or another. It is very rare that you will smile at someone and they don’t smile back at you, unless they have some serious psychological issues to deal with.
It would be nice to hear from you as you share what your experience was.
Lastly, this applies to every area of your life; how you behave at work, at home with your family, at the barber’s etc greatly impacts what becomes of your life.