How to make 2018 your best year yet...
Happy New Year everyone!
I am glad to be writing this and for you to be reading this because it means we both made it to see another year. This is a priviledge we shouldn't take for granted. So without further ado, I'd like to give you some tips on how to make 2018 the most productive and fruitful year you've ever had.
What is Your PDP for 2018?
PDP simply stands for Personal Development Plans. Do you have one for the year 2018?
Your PDP must be a Detailed, Well-Structured, Articulated and Written Plan that will demand your loyalty and commitment. Your PDP Guide must include the following:
1. Building Spiritual Capacity (Moving from Just Relationship to Quality Fellowship with Your God)
2. Inspirational And Motivational Books to Read in 2018 (weekly, monthly or quarterly)
3. Professional And Career Development Seminars, Conferences or Workshops to attend. (either Paid or Free)
4. Mentors and Coaches you must connect with in 2018, that will add great value to your life and work.
5. Relevant/Additional Skills to Develop or Sharpen to enhance your ability to SERVE people and EARN.
6. Events, Places, Cities And Nations To Visit for personal relaxation, recreation and education.
7. Networks or Associations to join, that will serve as leverages for opportunities and connections (online or offline)
8. What Products and/or Services will you be promoting in 2018 to multiply, IMPACT and increase INCOME.
9. Negative Relationships or Friendships to cut off (that drains personal energy)
10. Wise and Intelligent Investments to undertake in 2018.
11. Negative Habits, Attitudes and Behaviours to confront and conquer.
12. Positive Habits, Attitudes and Behaviours to cultivate in 2018.
If you can create your PDP then be disciplined enough to follow through with in 2018, I promise you this will be your best year yet. Executing PDP will need you to be disciplined, to be passionate about your plan, to be determined enough not to quite, to be persistent, to be prompt in doing what needs to be done. To quote the Poet William Arthur Ward:
Believe while others are doubting.
Plan while others are playing.
Study while others are sleeping.
Decide while others are delaying.
Prepare while others are daydreaming.
Begin while others are procrastinating.
Work while others are wishing.
Save while others are wasting.
Listen while others are talking.
Smile while others are frowning.
Commend while others are criticizing.
Persist while others are quitting.
It is doable. It is possible to achieve your dreams and goals this year, but you must determine to follow through with your plans no matter what. There will be times when you will feel like giving up, there will be times when you will question yourself asking whether you made the right choices. In such times, if you can remember the above poem, then I believe you will gather the courage to go after your dream just one more time.
Move forward into the year determined to make this your best year yet. Once again a very Happy New Year, 2018.